#EventProfs Community Job Board
The free job board for event & marketing professionals. Help us spread the word by sharing our job board on LinkedIn!
Event Specialists is looking for an energetic, self-motivated conference manager who is logistics focused and has a keen eye to detail, strives for accuracy and is driven by process improvement. We are a tech-savvy, client-focused team who regularly challenge the status quo in the events industry and look to improve how we deliver hybrid and virtual conference experiences.
If you’re a trailblazer with the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, we want you to join our team!
This role is a full-time remote opportunity. At the present time, we will only consider those applicants who are legally authorized to work in Canada. (GTA Preferred)
What You’ll Do:
- Work with small-large clients and help them translate their event vision into reality!
- Handles overall administration/project management for each event and serves as the primary point of contact for the clients
- You’ll manage that relationship to create an exceptional experience and deliver weekly/monthly reporting as needed.
- You’ll lead small-large scale projects, including all aspects of project management
- Coordinate all conference logistics. This will include things like: developing the budget, location scouting, vendor procurement, content production, schedule planning, creation of set displays, floor plans, exhibitor management & branding and more!
- Oversee the execution of production logistics onsite: like audio visual, call times, communication with crew, vendor management, and other tasks as needed. You’ll take full accountability for the conference.
- You’ll prepare and research ideas and activities to develop engaging events both virtually and in person.
- Support risk management development and contingency plans
- Drive positive improvements inside of Event Specialists. You’ll share feedback and learnings with the leadership team and your colleagues. You’ll also provide reports and documentation to support administrative processes.
- Completion of other tasks essential to the successful delivery of internal and external events according to scope and/or at Leadership’s request
What You’ll Need:
- Post-secondary education in event management, or post-secondary degree in any field with relevant work experience
- You’ve got 2 years’ of proven Event/Conference Management or Project Management experience.
- Must be tech savvy. Demonstrated experience to learn new technologies quickly. This might have been a specific piece of complex software implemented by a large organization, a website builder, social media management tools, etc.
- Experience in virtual event platforms and/or apps like InEvent, Cvent, 6connex, Swapcard, PheedLoop, Hopin and/or Hubilo is an asset.
- You know what it’s like to work in a corporate environment. You’ve worked inside or directly with a mid-large size organization.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders with multiple priorities.
- Experience working with key event resources like designers, creatives and diverse vendors.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- A knack for thinking on your feet as challenges arise through the planning and execution phases of the event.
- This position is expected to run events which occasionally are held on evenings and weekends.
- Travel will be required to support the conferences in Canada and the US.