#EventProfs Community Job Board
The free job board for event & marketing professionals. Help us spread the word by sharing our job board on LinkedIn!
Intelligent Events is building a conference (name TBA) bringing together the entire AI ecosystem, focused on AI innovation and transformation. With an inaugural event slated for March 2025 including industry-leading speakers, inspirational digital content, and mission-driven initiatives, it will create a unique marketplace for the AI community leading the dialogue and development of a better AI ecosystem. CEO Stefan Weitz is an early AI advocate since he helped launch the Bing search engine. Chairman Jonathan Weiner is known for launching transformative global tech events Money20/20 in 2011, ShopTalk in 2015, and HLTH in 2017. Incubated and venture funded by Primary VC and SilverCircle, it will be the dominant global AI conference. This is a commissionable position.
Join us in transforming the next decade of AI, together.
This would be a brand new event and requires a seasoned sales leader with a strategic consultative sales approach, an entrepreneurial nature, and evolutionary change agent qualities. As the first Head of Sales, you will set the strategy and take responsibility for the development and execution of the overall sales process and procedures. The Head of Sales will work as an IC to drive sponsorships and attendance. This leader will work closely with the CEO, other salespeople, marketing, product, and ops to drive sales.
- Set up a scalable sales process and manage day-to-day sales operations and pipeline.
- Develop compensation plans, commission statements and sales expenses.
- Work with marketing to shape sales collateral and value proposition.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual overall revenue targets.
- Drive large partnerships and help close key deals with sponsors, agencies, and strategic accounts.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape; keep apprised of current market trends and adjust strategies accordingly to capitalize on developing market opportunities.
- Identify areas for organic growth, including areas for product development and/or product launches, collaborating with the relevant teams across the organization.
- Train, develop and lead a high-performing sales team and coach them on strategic selling in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Develop and implement a strategy for a cohesive, collaborative, and integrated approach to a client-focused sell, aligning the sales force accordingly.
- Oversee sales budgeting and forecasting, providing regular monthly and quarterly forecasts against plan.
- Serve as a key representative for the company within the market.
- Minimum of five years of sales experience.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Proven track record of collaborating across sales, ops, and marketing.
- Highly structured, process driven manager, who is strong in sales training and sales
- Highly tactical and strategic, with understanding of marketing and product differentiation.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong with budgeting, forecasting, sales planning, and strategic business planning.
- Frequent travel will be required.
- Event and/or software industry experience is a plus.
- BA/BS degree required.
KEY LEADERSHIP AND BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
- An exceptional communicator (oral and written) - clear, consistent, and persuasive.
- Strong sales leadership qualities.
- Focused on accountability and metrics.
- Disciplined, highly organized and self-controlled.
- Confident and decisive.
- Calm under pressure and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Analytical and creative problem solver.
- Ability to effect change by building consensus and shared purpose.
- Flexible and agile.
- High energy, positive attitude, self-motivated.