#EventProfs Community Job Board
The free job board for event & marketing professionals.
There is no better place in the world for sports than here in Oregon. At Sport Oregon, our mission is to drive economic development and enhance quality of life for all Oregonians through sports by bringing world-class sporting events to the state. Our Sport Oregon Foundation serves to break down barriers to entry in sports and encourage participation in youth sports through owned programs and grant funding.
We are seeking a full-time Events Manager to join the Brand team at Sport Oregon. This individual will lead the planning, execution, and evaluation of all Sport Oregon events in order to grow and develop the Sport Oregon brand. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with end-to-end event management including logistics and programming. Experience with non-profit and fundraising events is preferred. The Manager must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines. Attention to detail is critical for this role.
- Lead SHE FLIES events including NGWSD panel, Festival, and Holiday Bash
- Lead Sport Oregon events including golf tournament, WAVOR, and board meetings
- Lead operations and execution team at all events
- Event conceptualization and strategy
- Partner relations/development
- Sponsor fulfillment
- Manage vendors, partners, and volunteers
- Support brand team on all aspects of their work with a focus on event engagement
- Staff all events — may include evening and weekend events
- Work with Sport Oregon team and partners on messaging, schedules, and event communication plan
- Support content creation and marketing efforts
- Manage event inventory and warehouse
- High-level attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Experience organizing public and community / consumer events
- Experience with non-profit and fundraising events
- Ability to proactively anticipate marketing and events needs and deliver solutions
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of details across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications or equivalent education/experience
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Basic graphic design knowledge and familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing
- Knowledge of events and marketing software including Eventbrite, Greater Giving, Mailchimp, etc.
- Expertise in modern events strategy and logistics
- Outside the box thinker, ability to solve problems
- Team player – we are a small and agile team
- Passion and interest in pursuing a career in sports or entertainment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and weekends
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
What We Offer:
Compensation: $60,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience
We offer a dynamic, challenging, and supportive environment. We are a small team that is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster strong community and an active environment where everyone thrives for excellence, balance, and to achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on, integral to our team, and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
This is a full-time position based at the Sport Oregon office in Portland, Oregon, with some hybrid schedule flexibility.
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager Application” as the subject line. Applications accepted until January 13, 2023.
Sport Oregon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sport Oregon does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Sport Oregon is a pro-vaccine employer.