#EventProfs Community Job Board
The free job board for event & marketing professionals. Help us spread the word by sharing our job board on LinkedIn!
Conference and Registration Coordinator
AOC is looking for an organized, customer-service focused and detail-oriented conference and registration coordinator to support the successful operation of our meeting and events strategy. The ideal candidate has experience working with associations in a dynamic team environment, enjoys building and managing registration systems for small and medium-scale events from concept to completion, thrives on performing data analysis and problem-solving, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of customer service. As a key player on our team, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary. Reports to Manager, Exhibit Operations and Conferences. AOC currently has a hybrid work environment in its Alexandria office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with internal team and registration vendor to build effective and user-friendly registration sites/processes
• Create and maintain records integration between registration platform and member database
• Process and enter special registrations (speakers, board, sponsors, etc.)
• Manage confirmations, resolve duplicate registrations, enter payments, create invoices, and communicate with attendees and conference leads
• Cross-check registration lists with security protocol and follow-up with attendees on outstanding paperwork
• Analyze and report registration data and trends and make recommendations to rules and processes
• Manage onsite registration
• Answer all incoming events questions via telephone and email and troubleshoot as necessary
• Prepare event badges, tent cards and conference materials
• Coordinate all event shipments
• Manage volunteers and temp staff for larger conferences
• Familiarity with registration (currently BlueSkyz) and AMS (currently YM) platforms
• Exceptional project coordination and time management skills; able to perform in a deadline-oriented environment and manage multiple projects at one time with high-level attention to detail
• Previous work in an association environment is a must
• Two to four years of work-related experience in event registration or other association customer support role
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite and strong desire to embrace and utilize additional technologies and software
• A positive attitude, working well independently and in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
• Reliable, punctual, motivated, hard-working and a willingness to go “above and beyond”
• Demonstrates executive presence, with professional verbal/written communication skills and exemplary organizational skills
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Must be a US citizen
Travel Requirements: Travel with be required 3-4 times annually.
External Relationships: Daily contact with committee chairs, committee members, speakers, university officials, government and military officials and others as required.
Internal Relationships: Reports to the Manager, Exhibit Operations and Conferences, and has daily contact with Directors and other members of the AOC staff.
AOC offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including 100% coverage for personal medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K automatic 3% employer contribution; up to two days per week of telecommuting; fitness center; life insurance; parking; a relaxed, family-friendly work environment; and a healthy work-life balance with a culture of self-care and self-improvement.
Founded in 1964, the Association of Old Crows (AOC) is an organization for individuals who have common interests in Electronic Warfare (EW), Electromagnetic Spectrum Management Operations (EMSO), Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA), Information Operations (IO), and other information related capabilities with over 14,000 members internationally. AOC provides a means of connecting members and organizations nationally and internationally across government, defense, industry, and academia to promote the exchange of ideas and information and provides a platform to recognize advances and contributions in these fields.
Submit resume and cover letter Kathy Hartness, Director of Meetings and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.