#EventProfs Community Job Board
The free job board for event & marketing professionals. Help us spread the word by sharing our job board on LinkedIn!
The American Gem Society (AGS) is seeking a passionate and dynamic individual to become a valuable member of our team as a Community Relations Coordinator in our Membership Department. In this role, you will be instrumental in building strong relationships with our members, ensuring their satisfaction, and fostering a sense of community within the prestigious gem and jewelry industry.
The AGS is a trade association that serves an enthusiastic community of fine jewelry retailers, designers, wholesalers/manufacturers, and service providers committed to fostering consumer trust in the jewelry industry. The full time, exempt role of Community Relations Coordinator will be part of member relations, member group services, events, and programs. The ideal candidate is passionate about collaborating with a team to achieve shared goals, has a keen attention to detail. and is eager to apply creative thinking and innovation to their role. This position involves interaction with executive management, marketing, and accounting teams, operating closely under the guidance of the Director of Membership.
- Engage with AGS members, both new and existing, to provide exceptional support, guidance, and assistance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for members to keep them informed about AGS updates, events, and opportunities as well as addressing their inquiries promptly and professionally using various communication channels.
- Responsible for creating, planning, and implementation of member groups programs and initiatives.
- Responsibilities include touchpoint map and campaign execution, project and timeline management, cross-departmental collaboration, metric reporting, registration/enrollment, and more.
- Assist in the execution of association events, programs, and initiatives, encompassing in-person and virtual conferences, trade shows, education events/classes, learning management system, course development, credential recertification exams, and scholarship funding.
- Assist in committee management, including organizing committee meetings, ensuring committee actions and decisions align with the organization’s mission and goals, execute committee initiatives, and report activities and recommendations to organizational leadership.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance member engagement and retention.
- Act as a brand ambassador, representing AGS at industry conferences, trade shows, and events to promote membership and attract potential new members.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and advancements, as well as association activities, policies, and services, to provide relevant and valuable information to AGS members and respond to inquiries appropriately.
- Makes decisions on basic projects. Researches policies/solutions and reports to the Director of Membership concerning various projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required.
- Previous experience in membership management, customer service, events, or a related role is required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of membership database programs is a plus.
- Comfortable speaking with members in person and on the phone.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using various communication platforms.
- Knowledge of the gem and jewelry industry is desirable but not mandatory.
- A genuine passion for providing outstanding service and cultivating a sense of community.
Becoming part of the team at the American Gem Society as Community Relations Coordinator offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of a highly esteemed organization in the gem and jewelry industry. If you are committed, personable, and thrive in an environment focused on member satisfaction, we encourage you to submit your resume.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, in addition to short-term and long-term disability coverage. Employees can also benefit from our 100% vested Retirement Savings Plan. Our standard workweek consists of 37.5 hours, Monday through Friday, with the added flexibility of a hybrid schedule. Please note that occasional overtime and weekend travel will be necessary for this position.
AGS is an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to providing fair consideration for employment opportunities without discrimination based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected categories. All qualified applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply.