#EventProfs Community Job Board
The free job board for event & marketing professionals.
AWE XR, LLC is looking to fill the role of Event Operations Manager. The Event Operations Manager must have at least 5 years event and/or trade show production experience and is responsible for the vendor communication and logistics such as owning and placing orders, follow up, management and invoice reconciliation for in person events run by AWE XR, LLC. The Event Operations Manager is a critical member of the Operations and AWE team and will work well and thrive as a motivated, independent part of a strong remote, international team. If you are an experienced event professional who “speaks” the language of events and is excited and motivated by taming chaos into professional, seamless events - apply today!
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Working closely with vendors to ensure a seamless experience.
- Vendors include: Food & Beverage, Special Event Venues, Hotels, Security, Photographers, etc. More specifically the Event Operations Manager identifies local hotels, negotiates and manages room blocks (obtain booking links, etc.), creates RFPs for vendors as needed, obtains and vet proposals from party venues and properly orders food & beverage and meticulously manages guarantees with careful attention to established budgets.
- Manage vendor inquiries and respond in a professional, timely manner
- Lead/manage vendor communications (including billing reminders and invoice reconciliation)
- Manage vendor related operations timelines
- Provide on time guarantees to vendors
- Oversee F & B and Special Events (such as Happy Hour, VIP Party, After Party, etc.) onsite at AWE In-Person events (currently two per year, USA and EU.) Valid passport required.
- Manage team hotel room blocks, including vendors we provide rooms for, ensuring accuracy of names and dates and reconciling with actuals from hotels
- Communicate and arrange Speaker Travel (as needed for events, typically between 5-10 Speakers per event); Includes air, hotel, ground transport and Speaker Travel Agreements
- Actively support other Operations team members with proofreading communications, graphics, timelines with exceptional attention to detail
- Actively participate in Weekly Team calls with concise and informative updates
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Hospitality Management
- Minimum 5 years Event and/or Trade Show Management experience (trade show experience a plus)
- Strong background in customer service and hospitality
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and a keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to solve problems independently and with others with a creative, flexible, collaborative, and resourceful approach. Must have experience working independently and as part of a strong team
- Expert time management skills with ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment quickly and gracefully, can maintain composure and problem-solve creatively in high-pressure situations
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to learn quickly, on the fly and tackle new projects, and “own” them with minimal supervision
- Proven experience working remotely and being self-motivated and disciplined
- Must be able to travel domestically (within USA) and internationally (valid passport required) - average two trips per year (one US, one EU)
Preferences (Not Requirements):
Experience with Asana, Slack, Zoom a plus
Estimated start date:
Monday, February 6, 2023
Flexible work hours, full-time
Estimated 8 hours a day, typically 8:00am - 4:00pm
Work from home, office or otherwise using your own computing equipment.
Travel to show sites in the USA and EU every year (air travel, hotel, meals and ground transportation covered by AWE XR).